Do you have a desire to serve Military personnel, veterans, or their families in our community?
Harbor UMC, in partnership with Harbor District’s Military Community Outreach Team (MCOT), will be hosting a HEROES Care Orientation training workshop on Saturday April 28th from 8am-5pm.
HEROES Care (www.heroscare.org) is a non-profit which focuses on providing complete and proactive support for members of all branches of the military and their families through pre-deployment, deployment, family reintegration and post-deployment.
This workshop is primarily designed for Stephen Ministers, however pastors and other lay people are also welcome to attend to learn more about this much needed program in our communities.
The workshop will include:
- Instruction on how to apply Stephen Ministry training to this specific group of care receivers (military members, vets and their families).
- Table discussions, video case studies, videos, group discussions, etc.
- An overview of the HEREOS Care program and why it is needed
- Details regarding the partner organizations involved
- Training on the issues/challenges that service members and their families face
- Discussion on how to tie all of the information together and apply it to existing Stephen Ministry groups
Registration is required to attend.
To REGISTER go to www.heroescare.org and click on the Register for Workshop icon in the right column.
The cost for the one-day workshop for Stephen Ministers is $40.00 per person and includes a small breakfast, catered lunch, all program materials and covers all administrative fees. There is no charge for non-Stephen Minister attendees.
Also, if you have previously been HEROES Care-trained and would like to attend, there is no cost for returning participants.
Checks for the registration fee can be made out to “HEROES Care” and can be paid on the day of the workshop or sent in advance to:
1306 R West Lark Industrial Drive
Fenton, MO 63026
For more information contact Terri Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 452-7202, ext 101
Harbor UMC is located at 4853 Masonboro Loop Road in Wilmington.
Training will begin promptly at 8am, so please arrive prior to 8am for refreshments.