The Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course will be offered at Wallace UMC (303 S College St, Wallace, NC) on Feb 16 from 9am to 5pm. This training is intended to provide any person who is serving in (or considering serving in) a ministry within the United Methodist Church with the most essential and fundamental information that they should know as a United Methodist. It is the foundation training for all the other courses in the Lay Servant Ministries program and is meant to provide you with a solid base on which you can develop as an effective leader and servant in The United Methodist Church. This is one of the required courses for those pursuing Lay Speaking certification. Course will include the completion of a mandatory post class assignment.
- Overview of John Wesley & the formation of the Methodist movement
- The role of laity in the early days of Methodism
- Leadership roles (and tools) for today’s lay servant
- Recognizing God’s call in your life
- What is meant by the term “Spiritual Gifts”
- Explanation of what “Caring Ministries” involve
- Tips & techniques for effective communication
- Exploring evangelism, outreach & hospitality related ministries
- Spiritual formation/renewal
- Overview of Lay Servant Ministries program including Lay Speaker certification process
- and more
The cost for the course is $25 plus the purchase of the Participant’s Book which can be purchased from Cokesbury.com for $8.49 by clicking HERE
To Register click: https://harbordistrictnc.org/lay-servant-ministry-course/
For questions e-mail email@example.com
*** Early Registration for the United Methodist History Course ***
Secure your spot for this course which will be held May 11 at Wesley’s Chapel in Elizabethtown from 9am to 5pm by clicking HERE.
What exactly do United Methodists believe and why? How do these beliefs shape our denomination? Faithful Christian discipleship requires a foundation in the core belief and practices of the Christian tradition. This course offers a basic explanation of the beliefs and practices of The United Methodist Church. Coursebook used is “The United Methodist Way: Living Our Beliefs” by Kenneth Carder. This is one of the required courses for those pursuing Lay Speaking certification. Note: You do not need to take the Lay Servant Ministries Basic course before you take this course.
The cost for the course is $25 plus the purchase of the Participant’s Book which can be purchased from Cokesbury.com for $11.49 by clicking HERE
NOTE: Financial scholarships are available for all Lay Servant Courses to anyone with a need. To inquire please e-mail Eston Brinkley at firstname.lastname@example.org