Harbor District will be holding training workshops to equip Laity Leaders who will be serving in the following positions in 2018:
- S/PPRC Chair
- S/PPRC Members
- Church Council Chair
- Lay Leader
This training will cover essential information that these leaders will need to know as they serve in their roles in 2018. Although this training is primarily designed for those laity who are new to their position, it will also provide a good refresher (as well as some updates) to those who are not new to their position. Any church member or pastor is welcome to attend if they are interested.
So that participants can gain a better understanding of all positions, the training will be done in one group – no breakout sessions. Each participant will receive the presentation slides and a hard copy Cokesbury “Guidelines’ handbook for their position. There is no cost for the training nor the materials.
Note: those that opt to do the workshop via the webinar format will not receive a Cokesbury “Guidelines’ handbook but they will receive the presentation slides.
– Feb 8 (Thur) @ Lake Waccamaw UMC from 5pm to 7pm
– Feb 10 (Sat) @ Warsaw UMC from 10am to 12pm
– Feb 10 (Sat) @ First UMC (Clinton) from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
– Feb 11 (Sun) @ Wesley Memorial UMC (Wilmington) from 2pm to 4pm
– Feb 13 (Tue) 11am-1pm This workshop will be done as an online webinar. Participants will need a computer with a WiFi connection to participate.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED – To register click on the link below: