Trinity United Methodist Church in Wilmington (www.trinitynow.net) seeks to welcome and equip all to Love God; Grow Faith; Find Family and Serve Others. Trinity has two campuses with Children’s Ministries primarily taking place at the Market Street campus.
Trinity UMC is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministries Director responsible for partnering with parents and the congregation in the nurture and spiritual formation of children from birth to 5th grade.
The principal focus of the position will be to direct and oversee the children’s ministry while educating, ministering to, and including children in the ministry of the Trinity Church. Position reports to the Senior Pastor and will collaborate with Committee on Nurture.
- Give direction to and oversee children’s ministry-evaluate and develop programs based on needs and interests of children in the church/community
- Communicate effectively with parents and volunteers and congregation
- Develop budget; identify and make available appropriate children’s ministry resources and curriculum
- Provide training for volunteers as needed; enforce Safe Sanctuary practices
- Provide opportunities for children to participate in worship and missions
- Participate in training opportunities as appropriate
- Plan/implement annual Vacation Bible School
Skills and Requirements:
Four year degree in elementary education or equal work experience in children’s ministry; ability to organize, lead, and communicate in a timely manner; flexible schedule
On average, this position is 10-12 hours per week: three hours every Sunday morning and remaining hours working remotely or at church office. Must have access to internet.
Cover letter and resume should be sent to Jim Rouse SPRC Chair firstname.lastname@example.org