Concerns about church safety and security have grown in reaction to several tragic incidents in churches around the nation. As Christians we know the reality of evil in the world and seek to respond in faithful ways.
On Saturday, March 10th from 10am to 1pm Harbor District, in partnership with the Gateway District, will hold a Church Safety Seminar at Wesley’s Chapel UMC in Elizabethtown.
The goals of the seminar are to:
- Equip clergy and laity in developing a church security team and safety plan
- Understand more about security/safety considerations from local law enforcement
- Educate clergy and laity on specific security/safety related topics presented from a proactive standpoint in several breakout workshops
This event will include a worship service; a church safety and security presentation by the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office and four breakout workshops which will run simultaneously (please select which one you would like to attend when you register).
- Safe Sanctuaries Overview
- Crisis Medical Response (First Aid and AED Training)
- First Steps to Developing a Church Safety Plan
- Mental Health Response (De-escalating Challenging/Aggressive Interactions)
Note: A light lunch will be served.
Registration is required. TO REGISTER CLICK HERE