- Rev. Bill Negron (Dixon’s Chapel UMC, Varnamtown) – serves as Chaplain for the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office
- Rev. Dennis Draper (Smith Chapel UMC, Mt. Olive) – serves as Chaplain for the Mt. Olive Police Department
- Rev. Eddie Hill (Sharon UMC, Supply) – serves as Chaplain for the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office and Holden Beach Police Department
- Rev. Bobby Tyson (Wallace UMC, Wallace) – serves as Chaplain for the Wallace Police Department
- Rev. Shawn Blackwelder (St. Paul’s UMC, Carolina Beach) – serves as Chaplain for the Carolina Beach Police Department
What is the UMBLN?
The United Methodist Business Leaders Network (UMBLN) is comprised of local business leaders who are members of United Methodist churches in the Harbor District. These members serve in a wide variety of companies, industries and geographic markets across the district area. The network also includes a number of retired executives and university professors specializing in business education. Harbor District is one of eight districts in the North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church and includes 99 UM churches spread across 9 counties in southeastern North Carolina.
To connect, inform, inspire and engage business leaders in the Harbor District, so that together we can more fully live out our mission as disciple makers of Jesus Christ.
UMBLN provides opportunities to:
- Connect and network with other UM business leaders in the Harbor District area
- Become more informed regarding the mission strategy and work of Harbor District in our local communities and internationally
- Inspire – and be inspired by – our peers as we explore ways to apply Christian principals to our business practices
- Engage in opportunities to serve as the hands and feet of Christ through community outreach and missions
- Learn from top quality guest speakers on topics related to business, leadership, ethics and spiritual formation