Race, Church & Healing – Workshop Series
CCW Transformation Ministries in partnership with Wrightsville UMC, The Harbor District of the NC Conference, and St. Paul’s UMC, is offering a series of workshops designed to increase intercultural competence and understanding of systemic racism as individuals and groups.
JOIN US and participate in racial healing and forming an inclusive community.
Monday, March 15th, 6:30-8:30pm
- Participants will complete the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI)® to assess an individual’s intercultural competence, the capability to shift cultural perspective and appropriately adapt behavior to populations unlike one’s own. The assessment provides valuable information about your mindset and helps you increase your own cultural self-and-other-understanding.
- This virtual group session on March 15th, will include a review of the collective IDI assessment results.
- Confidential 1:1 meeting over Zoom to review the IDI assessment, and create an Individual Development Plan, and establish personal goals.
- Cost: $75 (Includes IDI Assessment, Group and Confidential Individual debriefings)
- MUST REGISTER BEFORE 3/8/21
April 19th – May 24th, Monday Nights, 6:30-8:15pm
- WEEK 1: Engaging Constructively in Brave Conversations about Race
- WEEK 2: The Myth of Race and Deconstructing the Myth of Whiteness
- WEEK 3: Race and Christianity – Decolonizing the Church
- WEEK 4: The Psychology of Racism
- WEEK 5: Exploring Intersectionality
- WEEK 6: Putting It All Together and Restorative Healing and Self-Care
- Cost: FREE admission
**A suggested $35 donation is encouraged to help offset costs so that we can provide an educational opportunity for all.
To make an electronic donation, visit http://www.wrightsvilleumc.org/financial-giving then under “FUND,” choose “Racial Unity Missions.” Thank you!
***Sponsorship Opportunities available, please contact WUMCRacialUnity@gmail.com for more information.